Home Insurance in Meridian, ID and Boise, ID
Providing Homeowners Insurance to Meridian, ID and all surrounding communities
Owning a home is a significant financial responsibility. Homeowners insurance is a packaged policy that allows you to be protected from both property and liability risks. Depending on your lender's requirements, it is typically required by your lender to carry a homeowners insurance policy. Our agents Mustard Seed Financial & Insurance are ready to assist you with coverage.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance is known as a package policy in that it provides both property damage and liability protection. While exact coverage details vary, a home insurance policy typically provides the following coverage:
- Property damage protection—This portion of your policy helps protect against losses related to property damage or theft:
- Dwelling—This offers protection from damage to the structure of your home, including fixtures, plumbing and heating, due to a covered loss like fire or hail storm damage. It would be best if you had enough coverage for rebuilding or repairing your home, less the cost of the land.
- Detached structures coverage—Other buildings on your property, such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages, generally will have coverage under your policy.
- Possessions insurance—This covers your home's contents and personal items such as furniture, clothing, and sporting goods. It also extends to your personal belongings anywhere in the world.
- Loss of use—If a covered loss forces you from your home, such as because of a fire, loss of use provides a safety net for additional expenses over and above your everyday living expenses while you cannot live in your home, up to the policy limit.
- Liability coverage—This portion of your policy covers against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or your family members may cause to other people. It pays for both the cost of litigation and any court awards, up to your policy limit. It covers you whether you are at home or away.
Additional coverage like a scheduled items rider for valuable items, flood insurance or personal umbrella insurance may be recommended depending on your coverage needs. Give us a call today to learn more about the coverage that may be recommended for you.
Get Started With Coverage Today
At Mustard Seed Financial & Insurance, we know how important your home is to you, so we want to help you get the best coverage possible. Receive a quote on your coverage by contacting one of our agents today.