Farm & Ranch Insurance in Meridian, ID and Boise, ID
Covering your farm, ranch or agribusiness in Meridian and all over ID
Farming comes with unique risks, unlike running a traditional business. As a farmer, you rely on factors out of your control to create a consistent income. If an incident happens or damages occur to your crop, farm insurance can be there to help safeguard you financially. At Mustard Seed Financial & Insurance, we assist you with your farm coverage needs.
What Types of Coverage Are Available?
Farm insurance is not a single type of coverage but a combination of insurance policies that offer protection. Your farm’s operations need standard insurance that other businesses have, such as property insurance and general liability coverage—but you may also require additional insurance for added protection.
Many farmers benefit from a variety of types of insurance, including:
- General liability insurance can give your farm needed protection from various claims, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and others resulting from your farm’s operations.
- Crop insurance can reimburse you for your losses if a disaster, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood strikes that damages your crops.
- Livestock insurance has several policy options. You may choose coverage for specific activities, such as your livestock’s transit or auction market coverage, poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage. Mortality insurance can provide coverage for animals with an exceptionally high value to your farm, such as a stud.
- Farm equipment insurance can reimburse you for certain losses and damages. For instance, coverage can protect the various machinery you have that is vital to your farm’s operations, such as tractors, irrigation equipment, trailers and combines.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is necessary if your farm’s operations employ anyone. If you don’t have this insurance, you must pay medical expenses and lost wages out of pocket for any injured employee.
Depending on your farm’s needs, various specialized coverage may be available for purchase. If you have other coverage needs outside of the standard coverage offered, reach out to an agent to discuss your options further.
Get Started With Farm Insurance
The cost of your farm’s insurance coverage depends on the policies you choose, the size of your operations, the number of employees and the nature of your farm’s operations. To receive a quote for your coverage, reach out to an agent at Mustard Seed Financial & Insurance.